Being free of a job lets you do a lot of things… And one thing I like to do when having some free time, is BAKE.
I came across this book ‘Sweet and Skinny’, and I adapted this recipe from her. They contain Guilt Free Recipes to chase to diet woes away… Being a person who likes chocolate, and sweet pastries, it IS hard to find things that are healthy and yet delicious… Especially Desserts. As such, I adapted this recipe from her. I tried to make it even healthier, by cutting the sugar from 3/4 cup to 1/2 cup, and it wasn’t as sweet as I liked. As such, stick to 3/4 cup. It works better! I guess if you want it to be really calorie low, prepare to compromise on the taste. 🙂
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup of Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Hershey’s Cocoa Powder
- 2 Eggs
- KitKat bars (as many as you deem fit)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. In the meantime, spread butter on the sides of the baking pan. Spread it evenly over the surface.
- Pour in the cup of Flour, and Sugar into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Heat the vegetable oil in the pan, waiting till the oil gets warm. It should steam a bit, or bubble ever so slightly at the side. Reduce the heat to low, and pour the milk gingerly in. Careful not to turn the heat too high, or the milk would burn off. Stir the milk consistently with the oil.
- Add in the cocoa powder in spoonfuls to the pan. Use a teaspoon and add the vanilla extract. Stir the mixture consistently. Add more milk/water if you think the mixture is getting too dry.
- Mix until a consistent brown paste is obtained. Keep it under low heat.
- Crack 2 eggs, and whisk them hard till it is frothy. Slowly pour the eggs into the brown paste, stirring it slowly.
- Turn off the flame, and gingerly pour the mix into the dry mix of Flour and sugar. Stir again, making sure all the flour is mixed into the wet mix.
- When the mixture is consistent and brown, take a chunk of Kit Kat and break it into small pieces. Dump them into the batter and stir it in.
- On the lining of the pan, break a few pieces of Kit Kat Bars, and place them on the base of the Pan. Pour the mixture over it.
- Bake the cake for around 15-18 minutes. Leave the cake to cool for 1 hour before cutting and serving.
It is a simple easy and fun brownie to do. To make it even more interesting, you can spread Nutella onto the top, and sprinkle walnuts/any kind of nut onto the top. Bake in the oven, and it tastes even more rich and chocolatey. Have a blast with food.