Here is the alleged recipe… 🙂 I tried it a few days ago for my family. Hope you’ll like it!
- 5 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1/2 a cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 a Cup of Desiccated Coconut (you can find these in supermarkets)
- 1 1/2 Cups of Self-Raising Flour
- 1/2 a cup of Sugar
- Preheat the Oven to around 176 degrees. (180 is fine too)
- Add the self raising flour, sugar and desiccated coconut into a mixing bowl.
- Then, add the teaspoon of vanilla extract, egg and milk into the mixture. Stir and mix well.
- Add the tablespoons of Coconut oil gingerly into the batter. Mix well, and a nice yellow coloured mix should be obtained. If it is too dry, add more milk and stir again. Fold it in and out so that the whole mix is blended evenly.
- Line a Muffin Tin with the paper cups. Scoop the blend into these individual paper cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
There are some advantages of using Coconut Oil instead of the plain old butter.
Coconut Oil is healthier, and it has some health benefits.
Click on the link here to see some of the benefits of using Coconut Oil. The recommended use would be for baking purposes. Last time my mom tried cooking with it, and everything just tasted like coconut. Even the FISH. Not too pretty. Haha.
Also, using desiccated coconut is really good since it would give the coconut flavour without you needing to cut a coconut and obtain the shavings from the flesh. That would be really troublesome.
I hope to try making scones for my parents too. 😛 Baker girl is on the roll.